Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Difficult Discussions

Today was filled with difficult discussions. Corey and I met with some of Lynnea's doctors to discuss what we would like to do from here. Lynnea clearly showed everyone last night that she cannot handle the work of breathing on her own, and the primary reason for this still seems to be cardiac. There is nothing that can be done to fix her cardiac problems, so there is no way to make it so that she will be able to handle the work of breathing on her own. The decisions that now need to be made are 1. if we are going to take her off the ventilator again or not, and 2. if we do decide to take her off, when the best time to do that would be. Though no final decisions have been made, we will most likely elect to take her off the ventilator sometime in the relatively near future, after any family and friends that want have the chance to say goodbye to her.

I also had a conversation with Ashlyn tonight about the fact that it is probably almost time for Lynnea to go to heaven to live with Jesus. This was a very difficult discussion to have, but I felt that it was necessary to prepare her for this rather than not giving her any warning (she had already been asking questions about it, so it was an appropriate time to have this talk).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hesistate to comment because I can't imagine the mix of emotions you are experiencing. Although we've never met, please know that I think and pray for you and your family often. I'm thankful for your faith and amazed it has remained strong through this ordeal. I hope you can be thankful for the time you've had with this angel. In a strange way I can't explain, I too feel blessed by your daughter's presence. Thank you for sharing her with us. God bless you.

Unknown said...

I work with Chad at Taymark and have been following Lynnea's story daily since he shared it with me several months ago. I want to let you know that I am praying for all of you during these difficult days. I can't imagine the roller coaster that you have been on, especially these last 3-4 weeks. I will continue to pray for all of you.
Janet

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for all of you. I know those words probably mean nothing compared to what you are all going through. You all are in my thoughts, heart, and prayers. I am no longer working please feel free to call me if there is anything you need 612-730-5388. I am no longer working and I'm free all day. Just give me a call and I will be there for ever you or your family needs. Karen Diercks.

Anonymous said...

I think you are local. I saw this posted on facebook through Lindsay Penfield. I am a photographer and would love to come and offer a free session with cd and capture the love of your family in the hospital!! please get in contact with me! Jaclyn at 763-458-8150. my thoughts and prayers are with you guys!