Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Plan

We chose not to try to take Lynnea off from the ventilator today. There was no real reason from a medical standpoint that we couldn't attempt it today, it was simply more about timing. I had a discussion with one of the doctors this morning about how we would like to proceed from here, and I pointed out that it would be great if we could wait to extubate until tomorrow for Corey's sake. He has Tuesdays and Wednesdays off from work, so if we tried tomorrow afternoon, he could be around for the next couple of days to see how things go without having to sit at work, potentially waiting for a call saying that she isn't doing well. So, barring anything unexpected with Lynnea between now and tomorrow afternoon, we will attempt to take her off then.

The doctor also asked me about Lynnea's code status, and I told him that Corey and I had made the decision that, if she goes into cardiac arrest again, it would be best for Lynnea to just let her go. So, if she codes again, they will not resuscitate her. We know how much she has suffered already in her short lifetime, and if her heart stops again, it would only bring her more pain and suffering to try to bring her back.

6 comments:

slaaz said...

We don't know each other but I came across your blog about a year ago while searching Linnea. Our daughters have the same name spelled the same. I just want you to know that my prayers are with you and your little Lynnea has touched my heart. God Bless you all.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I came across your blog, but I've been following for sometime. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Sending Lots of Hugs and Prayers ..... Lynnea is tough!!!!

She can do this ! She will be healed and will pull through !

Dear Lord Jesus wrap your arms around Lynnea and give her strong Lungs and a strong Heart today so she can breath on her own. Heal her brain so she can smile and Laugh and enjoy life again. Give her fAMILY the strength that they need to get through these difficult times as they are loving your child. We have all watched Miracles happen through Lynnea..Please give us another Miracle so Lynnea can be a little girl again and be home with her fAMILY.

AMEN

Sending HUGS
Stacey

Anonymous said...

You are so brave, you have to have Jesus standing along side all of you. Please know that you have a christian family as well and we are hurting too. We are here for whatever you need. Please let us know.

Please Lord let her live and beable to smile and sign to us again, if it is your will.

Lots of Hugs for everyone.

God Bless you all.
Bev and Joyce

Laura Jackovin said...

I too do not know your family (a friend sent me your site in hopes that with the power of prayer we could help get your Lynnea back) but ever since I have read your posts, your family has constantly been in my prayers and thoughts! My heart aches for all that she has been through and having not even met her, I can't imagine how you as parents feel. It truly amazes me that after all she has been through she somehow is being SOOOOO amazingly strong and still has a smile on that beautiful face of hers - truly remarkable little girl! I pray Lynnea comes through this and you get your Lynnea back.

Unknown said...

May God bless and keep Linnea safe if the upcoming days. And give her family the strength that they need to stay strong for Linnea. Tina, I have been following you story for the last 6 months. Praying for the Lord to heal Linnea. Stay strong in the Lord!
Sarah (Kruse) Henschke