Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Typical Toddler

In general from a medical standpoint, Lynnea had a good day. No major problems to speak of, nothing really different from yesterday (her sat's are back to her normal range). She was in a pretty good mood all day, as long as I was sitting next to her crib so that she could hold my hand (the nurses told me that, even though she would cry every time I tried to leave the room for meals, once I was actually out of the room she was fine again...she is one spoiled baby). She spent a good deal of time today testing limits -- one of her favorite things to do this week has been to tug on the dressing over her incision site while looking at me just to see if I will stop her from doing it, and trying to pull the leads off her chest, again while I'm watching, just to see what kind of reaction she'll get. Yep, it's typical toddler behavior, but still gets annoying rather quickly. (Yesterday when Steve, one of St. Louis's nurse practitioners, came in to look at her incision and said that it no longer needed a dressing on it, I told him he'd better put one back on just so that she has something to pull on that's not terribly important because, without it, I'm sure she would move on to other things like tugging on her breathing tube, which would be really dangerous for her to pull out.) Today she continually wanted movies on, then she would point up to the TV indicating that I was supposed to watch the movie. When I would turn to look at the TV, then she would try to pull her dressing off. It was kind of funny to see her trying to be so sneaky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its great to hear that she can still joke around with you. God Bless you and yours Happy Easter and please give each other a hug for us.Bev and Joyce