Thursday, June 11, 2009

Jealousy Abounds

















We made it home from the hospital yesterday. Dr. St. Louis doesn't know yet what he wants to do next for Lynnea, so he'll call us sometime next week with a plan. I never saw the final results of the CT scan; I was just told that the problem with her pulmonary vein is definitely something that needs to be addressed before she can move on and have the Glen procedure. Yesterday morning she had another swallow study done, and it turns out that she is able to swallow without aspirating. She is still unable to coordinate sucking and swallowing, so we're giving up on the idea of ever bottle feeding. The exciting news is that we've been given the go ahead to start trying solid foods with her. She won't be getting enough to really give any extra nutrition for now, but we'll work up to that.
These pictures were taken earlier in the week when we were still at the hospital. I spent some quality time reading to both of my girls. On Monday night, there was a party in the family lounge that I went to with Ashlyn. She made the awesome hat that she's wearing in the picture. She also decorated her own cupcake. It was fun.
All week we've been seeing signs of jealously from Lynnea when Ashlyn is around. This morning, I was holding Lynnea on my lap, and Ashlyn came over and also wanted to sit on my lap, so I made room for her. As soon as she sat down, Lynnea looked at her and began to scream. As soon as Ashlyn got up, Lynnea was perfectly happy once again.

No comments: