Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Anticipating a Long Hospital Stay

Lynnea's day today was very similar to yesterday: she was crabby, her saturation levels were low, she's on oxygen, and she gets very mad every time the nurses try to check her vitals. This morning Dr. Lohr told me that we should be prepared for the good possibility of needing to stay in the hospital until Lynnea is able to have her next surgery, which she probably won't be healthy enough to have for at least a couple of weeks. Honestly, I can't say that this news was particularly surprising, though I'm not really looking forward to spending the greater part of the summer sitting around at the hospital. But, of course, I want what's best for Lynnea, and if she's not stable enough to be at home, then I wouldn't really want to be the one responsible for taking care of her at home anyway. I do think it's a little bit ironic that yesterday I was still trying to convince some of the doctors that she's really sick, and today she's suddenly sick enough to require an extended hospital stay. . . I have a feeling Dr. St. Louis may have had something to do with that, and I'm guessing that he probably wasn't too pleased with some of his colleagues for not taking her symptoms more seriously to begin with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tina and Corey,
We continue to monitor your blog and are keeping Lynnea and your whole family in our prayers. The Lord gives you strength beyond what you ever thought possible.

Kiss that sweet baby for me!

Laurie, Keith, Jonah, Jacob and Caleb Kenyon