Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just the Three of Us...Again


I started this blog just a couple of weeks before Lynnea was born, and the first posting was about how I couldn't imagine what it would be like to go from being a family of three to a family of four.  After spending 20 months as a family of four (and loving it), we are all forced to once again live life as a family of three.  As I was reading that original blog post today I was reminded that we were happy as a threesome before, so I'm sure it must be possible to be happy as a family of three once again.  We all miss Lynnea very much -- Ashlyn randomly tells me at least a couple of times each day that she "misses Naya," I can't ignore her lonely blue toddler rocking chair now occupied by two of her pink Bear-Bears, and I can't bring myself to remove all of her medications from the refrigerator -- but life has to go on, even in the absence of one.  This afternoon Ashlyn enjoyed helping with her daily task of watering the tree that we planted in memory of Lynnea, and then she had fun helping Daddy wash his car.  At dinner, I couldn't help but laugh at Ashlyn's continued creativity at mealtime -- we had hotdogs and mac-and-cheese; when I offered Ashlyn bread to go with her hotdog (we were out of hotdog buns) she asked for peanut butter on it, and then she proceeded to use it has a hotdog bun.  After a couple of bites, she decided that it wasn't a great combination and took the hotdog out of the bread, but continued to eat the entire peanut butter covered hotdog anyway.

No comments: