Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Interesting Feeding Method

When we got rid of Lynnea's medical supplies, I kept a few things, like the backpack for her feeding pump (we donated the feeding pump itself because I couldn't think of a use for it, but the little backpack was pretty cute, and we had two of them, so I kept one), and a few of the unused feeding bags.  Well, Ashlyn discovered that I had kept these things, and she asked me if she could have one of the feeding bags and the backpack to use with her dolls (she's also confiscated some other things for in her doctor's kit).  I decided that it was fine for her to play with this, so I gave her the items she had requested.  I watched her pretend to fill the bag, and then pretend to prime it.  She took a bowl out of the cupboard and put it in the little backpack, pretending that this was the feeding pump.  Then, she went to feed her baby, only to discover that it didn't have a G-tube.  She thought for a moment about how she should proceed, then decided that it would work to put the end of the tube in the baby's mouth instead.  I questioned her about this, asking, "Ashlyn, wouldn't it work better to just feed the baby with a bottle, since it doesn't have a G-tube?"  She replied, "Nope.  I don't want to feed her with a bottle.  This is easier."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is her world as she knows it. Ashlynisms. Gotta love it.