Monday, February 23, 2009

One Month and Counting

We have now been here in the hospital for an entire month, and since nothing has really changed with Lynnea's condition since my last post, we still have no idea how much longer we will have to stay. For the record, Lynnea's lifetime totals are now: 81 hospital days, 33 at home days. In the spirit of trying to stay positive about everything, I have come up with a few good things about spending so much time here (no, it's not another top 10 list because I wasn't able to come up with ten things). First of all, I seem to have pretty much missed out on most of winter, and I have to admit that I'm not at all disappointed about this. I hate winter driving, and so far this year, I haven't done any, so that's something to be happy about. Plus, I just don't like cold weather in general, and hanging out in the hospital has certainly cut down on the number of times that I have had to go in and out of the cold. Next, even though I am so tired of hospital food that I rarely find anything that really seems worth eating anymore, I have to say that not having to do the dishes after meals is a definite perk. Last, because of all of the free time I've had on my hands lately, I have finally been able to not only watch the entire TV series Farscape on DVD (again. . . and if you want to get technical, I still have two episodes left, plus the mini-series), but this time I was also able to watch all of the DVD extras that I've never had time for before. I am now a complete Farscape expert. Too bad the show only ran for four seasons, and hardly anyone has ever heard of it, so now my head is just crammed with even more useless trivia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need another series to get hooked on try Lost (if you haven't already.)

I'm sorry to hear Lynnea isn't getting better. I think about you guys every day and pray she improves.

Alicia (Megan's friend)

Anonymous said...

Way to be positive Tina! I'm sorry to hear that Lynnea isn't getting better. My thoughts are with you all. Thank you so much for keeping us posted on how she is doing. If you need anything please let me know.

Karen Hanson