Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"It's Touching Me"

Lynnea continues to struggle some with her breathing -- Dr. St. Louis had to put another stitch in where her chest tube used to be, which seemed to help her some. Most of the day she was not running a fever, which we were excited about, but this evening, she is running one again. Even though it is difficult as a mom to see her frustrated knowing that I can't help her, I couldn't help but laugh a little when I saw her earlier today trying desperately to get her nasal cannula out of her nose, giving me her "Mommy, it's touching me!" look. Lynnea has disliked anything touching her face pretty much since she was born, and she moves her head around, whines, and fidgets whenever anything is touching or rubbing against any part of her head, so to see her doing this today was reassuring that my little Lynnea is still the same little girl that she was before her last surgery. It just makes me even more anxious for the time when she will really be back to her old self.

No comments: