Monday, December 8, 2008

Wardrobe Malfunction


Lynnea is still in the hospital, she is still not eating as much as the doctors would like, and now it sounds like she is probably getting a cold. So, it looks like we'll be here for at least a few more days.
Since I don't have much news as far as her health is concerned, I figured I would share her latest wardrobe malfunction with everyone. See, as far as newborn babies are concerned, clothing is a mysterious and troublesome thing that parents insist on putting on them. During her first week at home with us after she was born, Lynnea had what I would have to call a serious wardrobe malfunction. She was laying in her crib and began to fuss, so I went to see what was wrong. I found her laying there with one hand pulled completely out of the sleeve of her sleeper and it was sticking out of the neck hole hitting her in the face. OK, so I thought at the time that it would be difficult for her to top that wardrobe malfunction, but last night she managed to do so. I woke up in the middle of the night because she was screaming, so I rushed over to her crib to see what was wrong. It was dark, and I was only half awake, so at first when I looked in the crib and couldn't see Lynnea's head, I assumed that she had unwrapped herself from her blanket and pulled a blanket over her head. Upon closer inspection, I realized that she wasn't wrapped in a blanket at all. She was wearing one of those handy sleep sacks that are one-size-fits-most, similar to the one she's wearing in the picture. The mattress of her crib was at an incline to decrease her spitting up. She had managed to pull both her her hands out of her sleeves, and then she had slid down into her sack and had gotten completely lost in it. I quickly unzipped her outfit and helped untangle her from it, and she went back to sleep like nothing was wrong.

No comments: