Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ashlyn's Accomplishment

Not much new news on Lynnea today: it looks like she might have the surgery to place the G-tube and fix her esophagus on Tuesday or Wednesday, but they're still not sure; in an ideal situation, recovery takes 3-5 days after the procedure, so there is still a small chance that we would be able to make it home by Christmas.

Anyway, I thought I should take a moment to recognize a big moment in Ashlyn's life. The other day she decided, completely on her own, to go potty on the toilet. She was at my parents' house (where she has been staying through all of this), and my mom was getting her ready for her bath. She was undressed, and she climbed up on the toilet (and almost fell in), and went potty. Since then, she has been saying "potty chair" and wanting to use it occasionally. I was really impressed with her, but at the same time, this is just another moment that Corey and I have missed out on because we're in the hospital with Lynnea. Hopefully we will all be home soon so that I can give Ashlyn the potty party that she deserves, and maybe we will have a fully toilet trained daughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for keeping us updated on how everyone is doing. I hope you all get to be at home for the holiday. WAY TO GO ASHLYN!!!! Karen

Anonymous said...

Dad informed me of everything going on with your family and I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday! I will keep checking up on you...god bless!
Danielle Osgerby (Bergmann)