Sunday, April 5, 2009

Still Hoping to Go Home Tomorrow

The plan is still to go home sometime tomorrow. Lynnea had an OK day today, but again she has been very fussy this evening, difficult to console, and she has been randomly breaking out in cold sweats throughout the day. I attempted to bring these concerns up in rounds this morning, but failed to get any useful feedback about any of it. I will voice my concerns again tomorrow, and we'll see where things go from there.

Obviously, if we don't get to leave tomorrow, I will be pretty disappointed because it is high time that we all get to spend some time at home as a family. Last night here during dinner, Ashlyn announced that she was sick, and therefore needed to stay at the hospital. When I asked her which part of her was sick, she looked at me very seriously and replied, "fingernail polish hurt." Upon close inspection of her pink fingernail polish, I saw a potential hangnail. I then had to break the sad news to her that her illness was not severe enough to warrant staying in the hospital. Even though all of this was kind of funny, it's sad to think about how much she really misses being home with us.

No comments: