Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nine Months

It has been nine months since we said good-bye to Lynnea.  It was hard today sitting in the examining room with the pediatrician for Ashlyn's 4-year-old well-child check-up.  This was our first time back there since Lynnea died.  Ashlyn enjoyed the check-up, though I think she also sensed that it was a little strange to be there without Lynnea (Ashlyn came along for many of Lynnea's visits), and she reminisced some about what it was like when we used to take Lynnea to see the pediatrician, as we sat in the same examining room that we were in for all of Lynnea's visits.  The pediatrician teared up a little at the end of our visit as we talked a little bit about how life is now without Lynnea here. 

Life keeps moving forward, but I still miss her; we all do.  In order to use some of the experiences that we had with Lynnea to benefit others, I have been working on a few books to help families that are faced with having hospitalized children, or the loss of a child.  I have started a publishing company called Heart of Hope Publishing and will be publishing my first book in the near future titled But I Still Miss You.  It is a book for young children to help them cope with the loss of a sibling or other close relative.  Other books will hopefully soon follow. 

2 comments:

mollyvolker said...

Hugs! I hear you :) I also wanted to say congrats on your publishing company and books. Nice work. I will be the first to buy your books!!

Tina Callison said...

Thanks Molly!