Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Yesterday we celebrated Valentine's Day at home together as a family: a quiet dinner with Corey and Ashlyn, which included sparkling grape juice to make it "special."  I know, that probably doesn't sound all that exciting, or romantic, and, I guess on the surface it wasn't.  But, looking back at how I spent Valentine's Day the past two years -- in the hospital with Lynnea in rough shape (last year she was 6 days post-op and they still hadn't managed to get her chest closed yet...) -- this peaceful day together at home was special.  Ashlyn was full of "I love you" statements all day long coupled with lots of spontaneous hugs.  She was excited about the red stuffed animal that Corey had picked out for her, and happily gave me and Corey gifts that she had helped pick out.  Overall, it was a very nice Valentine's Day.

No comments: