Friday, January 21, 2011

Don't Underestimate Her

I don't know if I keep setting my expectations too low, but Ashlyn keeps exceeding my expectations of her.  Maybe I just don't want to admit that she is as "grown up" as she is.  This week there have been several moments where she has surprised me with her abilities.  All week she has been requesting to play Wii Fit Plus by herself.  She has her own Mii and I've been letting her play whichever games or exercises or yoga poses that she chooses too, even though I don't expect her to be able to do many of them successfully.  Well, it turns out that she's a whole lot better at many of them than I ever would have thought she would be.  It has been a lot of fun to see how proud of herself she is when she is able to complete these activities.  She has also been very excited about doing jigsaw puzzles this week.  I keep thinking that she's going to need my help with some of them, but she easily completes the 24 piece puzzles unassisted.  She completed one yesterday and asked me to come see it when she had finished; when I saw it, I told her that she was getting so grown up to be able to do puzzles all by herself.  Her response was, "yeah, and I'm really smart too.  That's why I can do all these puzzles by myself."  Ah, I love the humility.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is sure your daughter!
Mom B