Tuesday, August 10, 2010

An Ashlyn Moment

Things have been relatively uneventful in our household over the past few days.  On Saturday, I took Ashlyn to a friend's birthday party, which she enjoyed.  Other than that, we've continued to work on getting her bedroom settled and Lynnea's old room turned into a toyroom, but it's been a slow process.  Eventually it will get done. 

Earlier today, Ashlyn was playing downstairs in the playroom, and she came up to me and handed me a toy plastic tomato.  I pretended to eat it.  She said to me, "No Mommy!  That's not for eating, it's fake."  I replied, "OK, then what am I supposed to do with it?"  Ashlyn explained, "It goes in my toy kitchen.  You're supposed to put it away."  Gee, I'm so glad that Ashlyn thinks I'm supposed to clean up her toys for her.

No comments: