Monday, December 14, 2009

Creative Vocabulary

I know that I spend a lot of time writing about Lynnea in order to keep everyone updated on her condition, and I feel bad that Ashlyn doesn't get equal time on what I originally intended to be a family blog. So, today I have some cute Ashlyn moments to share. Lately, one of Ashlyn's favorite TV shows is Little Einsteins. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, it's a cartoon that focuses on teaching various musical concepts. Well, Ashlyn has a wonderful time applying stuff she learns from watching TV, and has been applying things from Little Einsteins lately. The other day she woke up and came into my bedroom and informed me that, "Sometimes at night Lynnea cries and cries. She gets louder, and louder, and louder. It's a crescendo!" This made me laugh pretty hard, and gave me a new perspective Lynnea's middle of the night upsets. Then, the night that we went to the Children's Museum, we were on our way home, and our nurse, Michelle, was driving, but apparently not the way that Ashlyn wanted her to. Ashlyn announced, "You're driving allegro. It's too slow. You need to go Presto!" I guess she was in a hurry to get home and go to bed. It was pretty cute, and we got a good laugh out of it.

As far as things with Lynnea go, her heart cath. is still scheduled for 11 am on Thursday, Dec. 17.

No comments: