Thursday, July 9, 2009

Life at Home

As always, it's good to be home, though being home isn't exactly easy. Lynnea has decided that if I am more than two feet away from her, then I am too far away, which is worth crying loudly about. Yes, I know that this behavior is pretty age appropriate, but unlike most babies, when she cries, she turns very blue, and her saturation levels drop frighteningly low, so I try not to walk away from her too often. Yep, she's one very spoiled baby. Ashlyn also needs my attention sometimes, which is only fair. Trying to balance between the two is challenging. For example, yesterday Ashlyn urgently announced that she needed to poop. So, I told her to go into the bathroom and began to follow her in to help her out. Well, Lynnea began to spit up, which she's been doing pretty much with every feeding again, so I had to go help her because she was choking. By the time I was done helping Lynnea, I heard Ashlyn yelling, "Mommy, clean up poop. Me need toilet paper." When I finally made it into the bathroom, there was a lovely piece of poop on the floor (still haven't figured out how it managed to miss the toilet) and the entire roll of toilet paper was unrolled on Ashlyn's lap. Yes, it's good to be at home.

No comments: