Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just the Three of Us


I had planned on starting a family blog sometime after our second child graces us with her (or his, we're not completely sure) presence (the due date is Nov. 12), but I decided to start now instead. Lately I've been having a difficult time imagining what life will be like with Ashlyn and another baby around, so rather than try to imagine what the future holds, I figured it might be a good idea just to enjoy the little threesome that we are right now. (Which means giving Ashlyn all of the attention that an only child deserves, for as long as she gets to hold that position in life.)

Since March 28, 2007, Ashlyn Grace has been the center of our lives. She has grown and changed so much during that time that it is hard to imagine that the little girl that runs around my house now is the same child that I brought home from the hospital a year and a half ago. Now she chatters all the time (I've lost track of how many words she knows -- she gains several everyday), she plays elaborate pretend games, and loves telling us "No" whenever we ask her to do things she doesn't want to do.






Ashlyn - 4 days old







Ashlyn - 4 months old






Ashlyn - 9 months old






Ashlyn - 18 months old



No comments: